October 27, 2014. Who really pays for wildlife? In this very important analysis, “Wildlife Conservation and Management Funding in the U.S.”, it is shown that the general taxpayer contributes substantial more to wildlife conservation than do hunters, despite the often mentioned comment that “hunters pay for wildlife management”. This document clearly shows that that is not true and that wildlife should be managed for all citizens as a public trust resource and not for special interests. Update April 15, 2016: A new article describing the same topic “The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and Who Pays for It” very nicely (and in depth) describes how much more wildlife watchers and other non-consumptive users of wildlife contribute to wildlife management than just hunters. And added September 27, 2016. Why the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is Problematic for Modern Wildlife Management. By M. Nils Peterson & Michael Paul Nelson. This is a super important professional/scientific article (available for free) that yet again challenges the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and critiques the model for only giving white male hunters credit for wildlife conservation when the true story is much more diverse including non-hunters, women, and minorities.
- Petition to ban Carnivore Hunting in an Eastern National Park: Cape Cod National Seashore
- Press Release: Eastern Coyote/Coywolf Research Founder publishes Research Obstruction Testimonial called “Blackballed”
- Breaking news: Coywolf, Canis oriens, is suggested new name for ‘eastern coyote’ says scientific article
- Who really pays for wildlife in the U.S.?
- Predators and the Public Trust – important new paper!
- Actor Chris Pratt kills coyotes for fun and brags about it
- Suburban Howls now available as a color e-book!
- World’s first Carnivore Conservation Act!
- Craigslist ad to kill coywolves in eastern MA
- Coyotes, red foxes, and Lyme disease
- New website: Coywolf! Check it Out
- Press Release: New genetic paper on “Coywolves” in Northeastern North America
- My Yellowstone book now available for purchase!
- Documents show that state wildlife officials lobbied to limit wolf restoration
- Please visit my Publications Page for new articles
- Carnivore Conservation Act for MA
- Breaking news: My Yellowstone Experience is getting published spring 2013!
- Pick Raul Grijalva for Interior Secretary
- Man in western MA slaughters coywolves for fun (legally)
- Coyote Hunting Contests
- Scientists Mourn Popular Yellowstone Wolf Shot by Hunter
- Love wolves, hate coyotes?
- Ban coyote hunting in MA
- Shooting Coyotes From Your House
- Coyote Hunting Contest Cancelled! Then Re-opened…
- New York Times Editorials about Coyotes
- Science Based Wildlife Management
- Coyote Management And Hate
- Support ECR
My Yellowstone Experience