27 November 2013. Important new publication available on my publications page. Last summer, 2012, a scientific paper came (please refer to my June 22, 2012 post on this subject) out that basically claimed that the presence of coyotes in the East has increased the incidence of Lyme disease because they prey on foxes whom are supposedly more effective predators of rodents, which are one of the main vectors of Lyme disease. Many national sources reported on this finding such as Scientific American and even some hunting groups. In the following paper, myself and a colleague disagree with their reasoning in this new paper. We use 6 lines of evidence to support our claim.
- Press Release: Eastern Coyote/Coywolf Research Founder publishes Research Obstruction Testimonial called “Blackballed”
- Breaking news: Coywolf, Canis oriens, is suggested new name for ‘eastern coyote’ says scientific article
- Who really pays for wildlife in the U.S.?
- Predators and the Public Trust – important new paper!
- Actor Chris Pratt kills coyotes for fun and brags about it
- Suburban Howls now available as a color e-book!
- World’s first Carnivore Conservation Act!
- Craigslist ad to kill coywolves in eastern MA
- Coyotes, red foxes, and Lyme disease
- New website: Coywolf! Check it Out
- Press Release: New genetic paper on “Coywolves” in Northeastern North America
- My Yellowstone book now available for purchase!
- Documents show that state wildlife officials lobbied to limit wolf restoration
- Please visit my Publications Page for new articles
- Carnivore Conservation Act for MA
- Breaking news: My Yellowstone Experience is getting published spring 2013!
- Pick Raul Grijalva for Interior Secretary
- Man in western MA slaughters coywolves for fun (legally)
- Coyote Hunting Contests
- Scientists Mourn Popular Yellowstone Wolf Shot by Hunter
- Love wolves, hate coyotes?
- Ban coyote hunting in MA
- Shooting Coyotes From Your House
- Coyote Hunting Contest Cancelled! Then Re-opened…
- New York Times Editorials about Coyotes
- Science Based Wildlife Management
- Coyote Management And Hate
- Support ECR
My Yellowstone Experience